Your DeathbedFood Blogger Helps Out In The Kitchen
The star of the event seemed to be the Alligator, prepared by Chef Marcel Vigneron, the second-season runner-up on Top Chef. Even I had fun with it … though, I have to confess, I didn’t have the guts to try it!
As with many Beverly Hills charity events, celebs were on hand. One of my favorites from the evening was Jamie Bernadette, whom you may know from the teen comedy, “Milf.” But since she’s been in scores of movies, TV shows and commercials, her face may look familiar to you.
And, of course, no event would be complete without memorable food. Besides getting a chance to taste Alligator, we also could sample the Sturgeon which was used to provide some of the evening’s caviar.
And, there were other treats from Marcel:
- Oyster & Nitro Pearl Parfait (dashi consomme gelle ~ creme fraiche dippin dots ~ asparagus cream ~ vegan caviar ~ chervil);
- Spanish Deviled Egg (pimenton aioli ~ piquillo puree ~ petite tarragon ~ beluga);
- Rainbow Caviar Cone (hiramasa tar tar ~ yuzu vinaigrette ~ black fish caviar);
- Aerated Scrambled Eggs (micro chive ~ maldon salt ~ sevruga); and
- Nitro Lemon Drop (oscetra malossol ~ zest).
Overall, I’d say it’s always nice when food events can benefit a great cause and give the attendees something to remember. Job well done!