~ A ‘Barefoot Contessa at Home’ Chicken Dinner ~
I was looking for something quick for this Monday night so I pulled out Ina’s Chicken with Goat Cheese & Basil recipe from her Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook because Ina says:
Everyone needs a few dishes they can assemble ten minutes after they walk in the door at night. When I’m too tired to cook and really want a hot meal, this is my first choice.
I can’t spend much time preparing dinner because I have 2 hours of watching Matt struggle to manage the drama in the house on his journey to love on ‘The Bachelor‘. Tonight’s episode promises to be the most dramatic ever! Plus when a recipe has goat cheese, deciding on this dish was almost as easy as predicting who’ll receive a rose.
See the recipe below from the Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook:
6 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
8 – 10 ounces garlic & herb goat cheese such as Montrachet
6 large fresh basil leaves
good olive oil
kosher salt & ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan. Loosen the skin from the meat with your fingers, leaving one side attached.
- Cut the goat cheese into 1/2 inch thick slices and place 1 or 2 slices plus a large basil leaf under the skin of each chicken breast.
- Pull the skin over as much of the meat as possible so the chicken won’t dry out.
- With your fingers, rub each piece with olive oil, then sprinkle them very generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the skin is lightly browned and the chicken is just cooked through.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Tweet me @DeathbedFood to let me know if you make this and how you liked it!