You are who you follow.
You know the adage. “You are what you eat.” I’m here to tell you that wisdom is so 1990. Today, it’s all about who you follow – on Twitter at least. As a Twitter addict, I’m shocked when someone tells me they’re not on the platform, that they don’t need to learn that someone had a banana at lunch, that they have an account but never used it. Try as I might to sell them, they diss my Twitter talk as trite. I have better luck with foodies. Food is huge on Twitter. So, to all you foodies (or the one foodie) who may be reading this, this one’s for you. You guys (guy) must check out the new Twitter Food Council that Twitter tweets will be filled with fab chefs and food action:
Food lovers can now find even more to talk about on Twitter with the Twitter Food Council, a group of leading culinary figures who regularly join the Twitter conversation on all things food and food culture. Led by chef Alex Guarnaschelli (@guarnaschelli), the Twitter Food Council includes top chefs and influencers representing different cuisines and interests. Anyone who wants to join the conversation and interact with Council members can simply Tweet with the official hashtag, #FoodFlock.
If you are who you follow, you’ll be rockin’ it in the food world. Here’s who you’ll be catching:
- Adam Rapoport: @rapo4, editor in chief, Bon Appetit
- Alex Guarnaschelli: @guarnaschelli, celebrity chef and head of Twitter Food Council
- Amanda Hesser: @amandahesser, co-founder and CEO, Food52
- Anne Burrell: @chefanneburrell, celebrity chef
- Ayesha Curry: @ayeshacurry, celebrity chef
- Carla Hall: @carlahall, celebrity chef
- Curtis Stone: @CurtisStone, celebrity chef
- Geoffrey Zakarian: @gzchef, celebrity chef
- Giada De Laurentiis: @GDeLaurentiis, celebrity chef
- Graham Elliot: @grahamelliot, celebrity chef
- José Andrés: @chefjoseandres, celebrity chef
- Marcus Samuelsson: @MarcusCooks, celebrity chef
- Michael Mina: @ChefMichaelMina, celebrity chef
- Ming Tsai: @chefmingtsai, celebrity chef
- Michael Symon: @chefsymon, celebrity chef
- Nilou Motamed: @niloumotamed, editor in chief, Food & Wine
- Rick Bayless: @Rick_Bayless, celebrity chef
And with tweets like these from Jose Andres and Michael Mina, you won’t feel as guilty about spending (wasting) so much time on Twitter.