Domaine Carneros and Madame Chocolat Create Sparkling Chocolate Truffles for Mother’s Day
I love it when my favorite things coincide, as in the recent case of Madame Chocolat partnering with winery Domaine Carneros to create ah-mazing Sparkling Chocolate Truffles for Mother’s Day this year. Last week, I was able to sample them, along with sampling Domaine Carneros Sparkling Wine, at a wonderful Media Tasting.
Madame Chocolat makes the new Domaine Carneros Sparkling Chocolate Truffles starting with Belgium milk chocolate, filling them with Domaine Carneros Brut-infused chocolate ganache, and then dusting them with edible glitter. The result? Truffles every bit as delicious to taste as they are stunning to look at. Honestly, I definitely have a new chocolate problem … keep me away from the sparkling chocolate truffle tray … please!
I love how the two collaborators described the new chocolates (no wonder I love both ladies so much):
- “Silky floral notes of the chocolate balance the gentle acidity and full flavors of Domaine Carneros Brut. The light dusting of gold sparkles brings bubbles in the sparkling wine to life” – Madame Chocolat’s Hasty Torres
- “Sparkling wine and chocolate; a perfect beginning marries the perfect ending. A simple yet indulgent dessert – if the meal is even necessary!” – Domaine Carneros’ CEO Eileen Crane
In addition to enjoying the chocolates and sparkling wine, it was also a real treat to meet Eileen Crane, the woman behind Domaine Carneros.
Having grown up in Marin and having made many trips to the Wine Country, her winery has become a frequent stop. Sitting atop one of the first hills you see when you enter Wine Country off Highway 12, it’s a perfect place to visit at the beginning or end of your wine country trip. Sampling their Sparkling wine while enjoying the view there is an experience not to be missed. What I didn’t know before, but do now, are some pretty ah-mazing things about Eileen, such as:
- She has deep roots in food as well as wine – having a master’s degree in nutrition and Culinary Institute of America training (making her exceptionally well suited for understanding how best to pair food and wine);
- She has serious wine training, having studied Enology and Viticulture at U.C. Davis; and
- With more than 30 years of winemaking experience, she’s widely heralded as the “doyenne of sparkling wine in America” … as Larry David might say, “Pret-ty, Pret-ty, Pret-ty impressive.”
Added bonuses for the event included an excuse to stop by Madame Chocolat’s store in Beverly Hills. I’m continually in awe of the Hollywood glamour she creates with her ah-mazing chocolates …
… her girlie girl decor including her gorgeous packaging …
… and store decor, including that glam chandelier that really centers her showroom and captivates my attention every time …
Also lovely that evening was the event’s catering by Chris Brugler, whose deep Ritz Carlton experience was evident in the lovely appetizers served such as Watermelon & Feta Mousse Bites, Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna topped with a Sweet Chili Avocado Mousse, Black Million Fig Challah Grilled Cheese Bites and Sweet Potato Cake with a Black Bean Salsa.
Media events are great because I always seem to meet at least one food writer I’ve been following, putting a face to a name. That happened at this event when I met Jay Weston (of Jay Weston’s Restaurant Newsletter and Jaywalking in LA fame). Totally fun to meet someone you’ve admired for a long time …
So, how do you get these ah-mazing new Chocolates for your Mother (or yourself)? You may(a 12-piece box being paired with a bottle of Domaine Carneros Brut 2007 for $50) or at Madame Chocolat’s store for $3 each.